Viewing DjVu Files
The DjVu plug-in will allow you to view high-quality files which
have been compressed using DjVu technology to provide quick
transmisson over the web. Entire DjVu documents can easily be
printed, saved, and e-mailed. The DjVu file format also provides
enhanced functionality for each page image such as the ability to zoom
in or out to size the page to suit your needs.
To download and install the DjVu plug-in:
You should now be able to click on a DjVu file in either Netscape or
Microsoft IE and view that DjVu file.
- Go to the DjVu
Plugin page on the LizardTech website.
- Choose the operating system you are running (Windows, Macintosh,
- Save the plug-in installation file to your computer by clicking
the download button. (This will save an executable file -
DjVuWebBrowserPlugin.exe - to your computer - place it somewhere that
you can find it.)
- Navigate to where you saved the file in step 3 and run the program
by double-clicking it. (This will run the installation wizard which
will install the plug-in in your browsers)
- The first time you view a DjVu document you may see a pop-up
preferences box which allows you to set your preferences for viewing
DjVu documents and for optimizing your screen settings.
- Right-clicking on a DjVu document provides a menu of additional
functions for manipulating and working with DjVu files.